[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork hook for bad commit messages

Andriy Gelman andriy.gelman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 15:18:17 EEST 2021

On Sun, 15. Aug 11:17, Nicolas George wrote:
> Is it possible to add hooks in Patchwork to warn people automatically
> when their commit message does not match standards?
>
> If it is possible, I volunteer to write it.

Yes, nice idea.

If the commit message is invalid I could add a warning similar to:
https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/20210809102919.387-1-anton@khirnov.net/
and trigger an automated email to the author.

Feel free to send me the parsing part (shell or python is ok) and I'll add it
in.
I'll also aim to put all this code in a repo somewhere so that others can add to it.

Thanks,
--
Andriy