[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Suggestion for a Nicer Integration with GitHub

ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email
Thu Aug 12 16:45:29 EEST 2021

August 12, 2021 5:11 AM, "Soft Works" <softworkz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

I agree with softworkz here. There are skilled programmers who like mailing lists, and ones that don't. Same goes with unskilled prorammers as well. The times are changing and the project needs to be ready for that. Not everyone even likes mailing lists in the first place, so why not accomodate both?

These days kids are rasied up with github and web interfaces instead of mailing lists. Its like forcing people to use a slide rule when they were never taught to use them because of calculators.
> IMO there's one thing you really do not need to be concerned
> about: getting rid of unskilled developers.
> You all need to just continue like usual and this will happen
> all the way without effort and without needing a rejection
> form. :-)
>
> Lastly - what I'm suggesting appears to work for GIT development.
> Why shouldn't it work for ffmpeg then?

Exactly.