[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Suggestion for a Nicer Integration with GitHub

ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email ffmpegandmahanstreamer at e.email
Thu Aug 12 16:42:39 EEST 2021

August 12, 2021 8:39 AM, "Kieran Kunhya" <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2021, 13:35 Nicolas George, <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
>> Kieran Kunhya (12021-08-12):
>> And how do the 1.5 billion Gmail users use SMTP without disabling
>> security
>> features?
>>
>> Do I need to do tech support for Google too?
>>
>> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en
>> https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
>
> Thank you for confirming security features must be disabled. As you know
> email is quite important for societal records such as vaccination
> certificates and so I (and many others) will not be disabling security on
> my email account.
>
> And I won't make another one nor setup a mail server in order to comply
> with your ideal world.

To resonate with Nicolas, the "enable access for less secure apps" is just a Google euphemism. IMAP and gitsend email are really not less secure but Google just makes them seem that way in their wording because they want you to use the gmail web app instead of custom clients. You're not really disabling security when you tick off that box.