[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Suggestion for a Nicer Integration with GitHub

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Aug 12 15:17:48 EEST 2021

Soft Works (12021-08-12):
> Assuming that developers who submit patches via GitHub would be less
> skilled than those who work with a mailing list is arrogant and
> far away from reality.

Fortunately, that is not what I wrote. You could just have read my
arguments more carefully instead of subjecting us to the same platitudes
we have gotten the half dozen times this discussion has already taken
place with other newbies in recent memory.

If you want to integrate to the project, first show that you are willing
and capable to, and you will be welcomed, and then you can make it
evolve for the better while retaining the parts that work well.

If you want the project to change its way of working to accommodate you
before we even know if you will be submitting quality patches for the
long run... go grok some PHP or something.

--
  Nicolas George