[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Suggestion for a Nicer Integration with GitHub

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Thu Aug 12 13:18:45 EEST 2021

> # Thanks for your proposal. Your input will not be considered because it
> # contains obvious and easily avoided flaws:
> # [x] not following mailing-list rules;
> # [x] not following coding style conventions;
> # [ ] mangled or misformatted patch;
> # [ ] problems of code hygiene;
> # [x] bad commit message.
> # For details, see <http://ffmpeg.org/doc/newbies/>. If you can fix
> # these flaws by yourself, you may become a valued contributor to this
> # project. If you cannot, then please go grok some PHP or something.
>
> Then feel free to set-up a Discourse or Discord or whatever kids use
> these days to help each other pass the bar. As long as what we get on
> the mailing-list are patches that are already in good shape for review,
> it is all good.

It is practically impossible to use git send-email without running your own
mail server and having all the problems that entails (managing spam, making
sure you are not blacklisted etc).
As we can see the project itself is blacklisted with its current mail
server configuration so how on earth do you expect end-users to get this
right?

And spare me another rant about how it's big corporations taking control of
things in a way you don't like.

Kieran