[FFmpeg-devel] Mailing List Delay

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:56:53 EEST 2021

Here's a larger list of working BLs: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3affmpeg.org&run=toolpage
I would use Wikipedia as cross-reference to make a selection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_DNS_blacklists

BTW, here's a collection of nice and useful tools to diagnose SMTP issues: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx

> grossd is a greylisting daemon, delaying is how it works.

Isn't that's a bit outdated?
How is it configured - I mean which delay time?
The default to be 10 seconds. Most mail servers will make another
delivery attempt within very few minutes at max. That doesn't quite
explain a delay of 60 minutes. (yea, maybe it was the SORBS entry)

BLs shouldn't be the only spam-fighting method. What other checks
are in place?

Suggestions:

- SPF
- DKIM
- DMARC
- DNSSec
- Reverse DNS Lookup
- TLS Connection/Remote host validation
- Connection frequency per remote host
- Mismatched (non-existent) e-mail addresses per remote host

softworkz