[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] doc/muxers: add entries for raw muxers

Gyan Doshi ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Sun Apr 11 14:49:55 EEST 2021

On 2021-04-11 17:11, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Quoting Gyan Doshi (2021-04-11 13:12:47)
>>
>> On 2021-04-11 16:30, Anton Khirnov wrote:
>>> Quoting Gyan Doshi (2021-04-11 12:52:18)

>>> Why? Empty documentation is useless. Useless documentation is worse than
>>> no documentation, because it wastes your time.
>> The document registers their existence and allows someone to discover
>> their presence via web search. Most non-devs don't do `ffmpeg -muxers`.
> Why would non-devs need that information?

Should they ever want to dump a bitstream into a bare file - the same
reason these muxers were added.

>>> - will get out of date quickly
>> These elements change very slowly - there's hardly anything to change.
> And no way to know which entries are outdate other than manually
> checking them one by one.

The convention is to update the docs along with code patches.

For existing docs which don't reflect new or changed code, maintenance
is required. And it was while doing that,  I noticed the lack of docs
for these muxers.

Regards,
Gyan