[FFmpeg-devel] 4.4 Release Name

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Apr 8 18:11:37 EEST 2021

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 01:58:23AM +0200, Tomas Härdin wrote:
> fre 2021-04-02 klockan 16:35 +0530 skrev Gyan Doshi:
> >
> > On 2021-04-02 15:29, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > We still need to choose the name for 4.4
> > > previous unused suggestions where:
> > > Von Neumann, Lorentz, Poincaré, Desitter, De Broglie, Gauss, Galois, Viterbi, Darwin
> > >
> > > Feel free to reply with name suggestions
> > > If theres a tie then i will randomly pick amongth the tied, i assume all previous
> > > suggestions where suggested exactly once already.
> >
> > Rao
> >
> > after one of the inventors of the DCT.
>
> I like this, but the timing isn't great considering he just died

its the leading choice ATM from the votes and ill probably make the release today
assuming nothing unexpected happens. If anyone wants to change their vote they
of course have till the release or more precissely shortly before when ill do
a last check of the votes

thx

[....]

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides