[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 4.4

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Apr 3 23:02:14 EEST 2021

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 01:17:53AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 05:07:00PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > All three sets were pushed, so nothing else from me.
> >
> > ok so i will make the branch soon.
> > bug fixes can be backported anyway ...
>
> release/4.4 branched
> please backport all security relevant bugfixes which you push to master!
> and feel free to backport any other bugfixes
>
> I plan to make the 4.4 release in about a week but that time might slip
> due to there being new malloc failure related bugs reported by cispa daily

I intended to do the release today but multiple things seem to be still worked on
that being a png regression, cispa / mpegvideo crashes. Also an extra day or 2
for the last minute cfhd fix probably isnt a bad idea either. so it feels like
unwise to rush this today. Sadly i have no time tomorrow and monday. Will try
to make the release in a few days thus

Thanks

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle