[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] CFHD

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Sat Apr 3 14:01:15 EEST 2021

Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2021-04-02 20:27:24)
> Hi all
>
> CFHD currently has even with all fixes (ignoring ones with objections) applied a null pointer
> read and out of array write issue remaining.
>
> My patch which makes the header parsing more restrictive has an objection
> against it. and the only other developer who recently worked on it
> stated that he has no "time or motivation to deal with this and similar issues"

IMO any objection to a patch that does not include a clearly spelled out
reason for the objection and/or an alternative solution should be
ignored or regarded as spamming the ML. Especially when the patch
addresses crashes or other security issues.

--
Anton Khirnov