[FFmpeg-devel] Request for immediate take of action

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Sep 8 19:33:12 EEST 2020

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020, at 15:17, Nicolas George wrote:
> Paul B Mahol (12020-09-08):
> > Nicolas George reverted one of my reviewed commits without proper
> > explanation why it is faulty.
>
> The explanation is in the commit message, and your patch was not
> reviewed and you should never have pushed it in the first place.

I think the explanation is quite aggressive and has absolutely nothing to do inside a git log, to be honest.

The fact that you disagree on the commit is fine, but being passive aggressive on a commit log is not OK, in my humble opinion. Especially when it will be in the history forever, and cannot be removed.

Moreover, a revert should go through the mailing list like normal patches, and that's again, my opinion.

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734