[FFmpeg-devel] Looking for contractors to improve DPX decoding

Dedy Yohann y.dedy at cinematheque.fr
Wed Oct 21 15:00:45 EEST 2020

Hello all,

Sending my request here since I don't know which main dev is more suited to answer it.
We (AV and digital department of the Cinémathèque française) are running into a couple of DPX decoding bugs and are looking for someone that can solve it.

Our workflow is heavily relying on the conversion of DPX sequences to FFV1.
The DPX sequences are made from films scanners which seem to have their own implementation of the DPX format and there are some cases where ffmpeg isn't able to decode those DPX files correctly.

The ticket I opened a couple of month ago is one of those case : https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8390

If some devs are qualified and interested in working on those improvements, feel free to reach me for more details so you can send us a quote.

All the best