[FFmpeg-devel] autofate system

Chris Miceli chris at miceli.net.au
Tue Oct 6 06:16:35 EEST 2020

Hi all,

I have written a small system called autofate (
https://github.com/cmiceli/autofate) which is designed to basically run
fate on every commit in master, ideally capturing and then reporting broken
builds. It's written in rust so that it can run on a wide variety of
platforms (I am currently testing on multiple architectures and multiple
operating systems).

Ideally, I'd love to get this reporting to the fate server and get other's
running on various flavours of hardware where ffmpeg support is used
widely. Right now I have it on 64bit and 32 bit rpi for example.

What I was wondering is:
 1. Do people think this is a step in the right direction?
 2. How would we like to integrate with FATE server?
 3. How would we like this to report failures? Email?
 4. Any other features desired, I'm happy to add or accept pull requests.

I look forward to hearing thoughts from the community, have a great day.

Thanks,
Chris Miceli