[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] XComposite window capture demuxer (Linux)

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue May 19 17:32:47 EEST 2020

Lynne (12020-05-19):
> New versions of libdrm can allow it to work without root. It needs modifications.

When these versions have landed in Debian Stable, we will see. In the
meantime, it is useful now.

> You underestimate how many library users use OpenGL.
> My NAK still stands, whether you think its worth anything or not.

The ffmpeg command-line tool does not use OpenGL, unless specifically
directed to. For that reason alone, OpenGL devices and filter have their
place in the project as is.

If you insist on opposing, we will have to ask other people to decide.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George