[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] XComposite window capture demuxer (Linux)

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue May 19 15:09:26 EEST 2020

Nicolas George (12020-05-19):
> The doc says:
>
> 	Requires either DRM master or CAP_SYS_ADMIN to run.
>
> Does it work for a normal user on a desktop distribution freshly
> installed, without configuration?
>
> (I should test, but all my boxes are very far from the default
> configuration.)

I stopped being lazy and did test:

[kmsgrab @ 0x55b72655e840] No handle set on framebuffer: maybe you need
some additional capabilities?

So it does NOT work out-of-the-box and without root privileges.

Which makes the current proposal quite valuable indeed.

This consideration completely trumps considerations about OpenGL state,
because they only matter for the few application that would use OpenGL
and this particular device in the library. In particular, it does not
affect the command-line tool at all.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George