[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Meeting / Upcoming Conferences

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Mar 10 14:40:14 EET 2020

Hi all

I do not know if there are any upcomming real life meetings or conferences
besides the one which was canceled in germany

But i would suggest that Developers avoid all real life meetings/conferences
due to the worldwide increasing risk of COVID-19 until the situation changes
to the better.

About reimbursements, my personal oppinion is that anyone who has previously
paid for travel fully believing that a conference would occur, and cannot get
their money back should be reimbursed by our funds.
[Otherwise future developers would have to always fear that reimbursements
 would only occur if a conference is not cancled, which would reduce our
 presence on conferences after COVID]

That said, given the current situation it has to be expected that future
conferences will be canceled too

Thanks

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates