[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] vf_edgedetect: properly implement double_threshold()

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jun 22 13:57:27 EEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 09:58:42 +0200, Valery Kot wrote:
> Thanks for feedback. Updating FATE tests is a bridge too far for me. I
> can't even build FFmpeg itself at the moment, say nothing about
> setting up the test environment and finding out how it works. Could
> you please do this update for me?

Are you saying you analyzed this issue in the source code, but have
not had a chance to check whether the change really fixes the output?
[*]

Once you *do* understand how to build ffmpeg, you can follow the fate
instructions here:
https://ffmpeg.org/fate.html#Using-FATE-from-your-FFmpeg-source-directory

You don't actually need to add a new fate test in this case, but submit
the changed reference output with your patch (assuming that the changed
output is really correct!).

Cheers,
Moritz

[*] I'm not saying that someone couldn't do that for you instead, if
    they are willing.