[FFmpeg-devel] query on pixel formats

Gautam Ramakrishnan gautamramk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:52:06 EEST 2020

Hi all,

I am working on the JPEG2000 decoder. However I am having trouble
understanding pixel formats correctly.
For example, from my understanding, the reference file p1_01.j2k pixel
format does not get recognized by the native decoder. When I force a
gray8 format on it, I am able to get output similar to opj_decompress
(I have made other modifications to the decoder as well).
It would be great if I could be referred to some documentation which
would help me understand how exactly the pixel format selection works.