[FFmpeg-devel] release/4.3

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Tue Jun 9 22:29:44 EEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> ive branched release/4.3, will make the 4.3 release from its HEAD in a
> few days (maybe a week depending on comments from other developers or
> any major issues)
>
> If theres any issue remaining which you want to work on and fix+backport
> now is your last chance to get it into 4.3

Since we basically skipped a release cycle by taking so long we should
consider making informative release notes this time like we did for 2.6 and
2.5:

<https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.git/blob/refs/heads/release/2.6:/RELEASE_NOTES>
<https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.git/blob/refs/heads/release/2.5:/RELEASE_NOTES>

If we come up with a list of interesting changes and updates I can try
to compile something assuming the weather here will be bad (the summer
here is relatively short and the rare nice days shouldn't be spent in
computerland). Instead of me just parsing git log I would prefer
suggestions by the community.