[FFmpeg-devel] Error while using libopenjpeg

Gautam Ramakrishnan gautamramk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 06:45:20 EEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 1:25 AM Michael Niedermayer
<michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 10:36:38PM +0530, Gautam Ramakrishnan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to decode the p1_03.j2k reference file. However, while
> > trying to use libopenjpeg instead of the native decoder, I get the
> > following error,
> > [libopenjpeg @ 0x55f249d7e180] Unable to determine pixel format.
> > The exact command run was:
> > ffmpeg  -vcodec libopenjpeg -i p1_03.j2k  -f framecrc p13
> > However this does not happen with all files. For example,
> > p0_01.j2k decodes properly. How could I decode p1_o3.j2k with libopenjpeg?
>
> try opj_decompress
>
> also if it works for you (it seems here but i do not know if the output
> is correct of course) then you can try to fix ffmpeg + libopenjpeg if
> you like

The issue is that I am trying to implement PPM marker support. I want to compare
for bit exactness between libopenjpeg and the native decoder. The
colours usually
look off sometimes while comparing the native output and libopenjpeg,
whereas the
outputs are bit-exact. (I am assuming as both use different
colourspaces in the output).
The shape of both images look similar, but the native decoder is
giving a color image
while opj_decompress gives a grayscale. Is there any way I can properly compare
outputs of both programs?