[FFmpeg-devel] AVWriter again (was: v2 1/2] avformat/url: check double dot is not to parent directory)

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Jul 28 00:39:47 EEST 2020

Marton Balint (12020-07-27):
> If I understand correctly, you are speaking about URL handling in general
> all over the codebase, and not only ff_make_absolute_url.

I thought that was what you were speaking in the first place.
ff_make_absolute_url() only does what the caller wants, the caller
decides the size of the buffer, and we can be sure it is shorter than
the concatenation of both parts.

> I think we understand the concept. It just seems a tiny bit heavy weight, or
> at least that was the primary concern as far as I remember.

That's because I made the mistake of showing the implementation and
talking about the benefits.

The implementation is my problem (and whoever would succeed me if I were
to stop maintaining it, but if it is accepted, I do not intend to). The
benefits are for everybody.

Please have a look at the other mail I just sent, where I show the
benefits and keep the implementation for myself.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George