[FFmpeg-devel] working with file descriptors on Android

Olivier Ayache olivier.ayache at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:00:55 EEST 2020

A good alternative to work with FFmpeg on Android is Xuggler, it presents
FFmpeg's API directly to Java/Kotlin.

To deal with fd you can declare and implement your own IO handler by
implementing
https://github.com/olivierayache/xuggle-xuggler/blob/ffmpeg-3.x-dev/src/com/xuggle/xuggler/io/IURLProtocolHandler.java

I currently maintain a fork which is fully working on Android (work in
progress for iOS with Kotlin multiplatform).

https://github.com/olivierayache/xuggle-xuggler

Best

Olivier Ayache