[FFmpeg-devel] Ticket 5012

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jul 16 15:55:53 EEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 17:10:06 +0530, Gautam Ramakrishnan wrote:
> I was going through the bug tracker for a list of bugs associated with
> jpeg2000. Looking at issue 5012, is there a good utility for solving
> this issue?

What do you mean with utility? I suppose you just need to implement
JPEG2000 support according to RFC 5371 in libavformat/rtpenc.c, perhaps
a modification of libavformat/rtpenc_jpeg.c (but perhaps not, I didn't
compare the requirements, JPEG2000 in RTP looks a bit more complex).

(In case you're wondering about the issue itself: The error message is
old, a modern ffmpeg properly says:
  [rtp @ 0xd906c0] Unsupported codec jpeg2000
  Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Operation not permitted
  Error initializing output stream 0:0 --
)

Moritz