[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Steinar H. Gunderson steinar+ffmpeg at gunderson.no
Tue Jul 7 14:33:43 EEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 01:30:52PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
>> We don't live in a world of innocence. Enabling "less secure" applications
>> is trouble waiting to happen.
> Please don't believe that "less secure" applications are actually less
> secure. The only thing they are less secure for is advertisers' business
> model.

FWIW, the “less secure” part is about not supporting 2FA (POP/IMAP has no
OAuth-like authentication methods). It is a very real concern -- for a large
majority of users, enabling a good 2FA method would be the single most
important thing they could do to improve their account security.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: https://www.sesse.net/