[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:28:55 EEST 2020

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 12:46, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> * GMail's warnings about "less secure" applications are scare tactics to
>   get you to exclusively use their products, because they cannot feed
>   you advertisement when you use a real mail client with their IMAP and
>   SMTP servers.

I *strongly* disagree with the scare tactics part. One's gmail account may
be tied to several other online accounts.
Having "less secure" applications enabled means that if your gmail password
is compromised, people can easily own a few dozens of other accounts you
own.
And you won't even know, because gmail won't alert you about the intrusion.

We don't live in a world of innocence. Enabling "less secure" applications
is trouble waiting to happen.

Best regards,
Manolis