[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Steinar H. Gunderson steinar+ffmpeg at gunderson.no
Mon Jul 6 00:18:34 EEST 2020

On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 10:50:14PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> At least for me the reason to not review a patch is often simply
> time.
> But i agree the amount of not reviewed patches is a problem.
>
> [...]
>
> The second thing is more reviews.
> That can happen by
> * More reviewers
> * More reviews per reviewer
> * Less work per review

I think this depends on whether the problem is time at any given instant,
or over a longer period of time. If the problem is “people don't have time
right now”, what is needed is a way to make sure patches are not forgotten
until the point where someone has time (so, effectively more reviews per
reviewer). If the problem is that reviewers are generally overworked,
one needs more reviewers or less work per review, as you say.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: https://www.sesse.net/