[FFmpeg-devel] RfP Candidates

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jul 2 14:01:15 EEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, at 12:58, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> >> Do I read correctly that candidates can be suggested from Monday
> >> afternoon until today before midnight UTC?
> >>
> >> If yes it seems a bit short to me? I don't have strong feelings or
> >> anything. Just wanted to see if it's only me...
> >
> > Nope, you're totally right. My mistake.
> >
> > I'll accept candidate until Saturday night, 23:59UTC.
> >
> > Best,
> >

> Why and how you are picked to do this stuff?

For three main reasons:
- noone else wants to do it
- I am not allowed to vote (I don't have the number of commits and I am not part of the extra people, so I'm more neutral)
- I have experience on those matters.

> Can't we vote for someone else?

Of course, please raise that point at the next meeting, and we can have a GA vote on that, if you care.

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734