[FFmpeg-devel] [IMPORTANT] FOSDEM meeting

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Jan 28 17:13:00 EET 2020

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, at 09:08, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> >> I see no point in joining group of close friends.
> >
> > If you have nothing of value to add to discussion, please refrain from doing
> > so.
> >
> > Noone is forcing you to come and discuss with other developers; but then
> > don't be surprised if an unvoiced opinion is not taken in account.
>
> Well, judging by previous experiences it would not be taken in account anyway.

All expressed opinions have always been taken into account.

However, "I don't like that" or "I hereby here declare against this "Decisions" and will act against them." without explanations are not expressed opinions, they are just flamebait statements with nothing to act on.

If you have points where you are against, you can explain why.
Any "I'm against" will just be discarded, because this is not actionable by anyone  and solves no problem whatsoever.

It's exactly like you complain when people reject your patches because "I don't like the patch", without more explanations.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734