[FFmpeg-devel] Call for maintainers: vf_uspp, vf_mcdeint

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Sun Dec 13 15:02:33 EET 2020

Quoting Paul B Mahol (2020-12-13 13:40:15)
> Why? Is it so hard to fix them work with latest API?

It is not exactly obvious, since coded_frame is gone. I suppose you
could instantiate an encoder and a decoder to work around that, but it
all seems terribly inefficient. Lavfi seems to have some ME code, so
perhaps that could be used for mcdeint. Or if not, maybe someone could
get motivated to port something from avisynth or vapoursynth. Similarly
for uspp, surely one can do a snow-like blur without requiring a whole
encoder.

In any case, seems to me like a good opportunity to find out whether
anyone cares enough about those filters to keep them alive. I don't
think we should keep code that nobody is willing to maintain.

--
Anton Khirnov