[FFmpeg-devel] Initialize `layout_map` on declaration

Jan Ekström jeebjp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 23:40:43 EEST 2020

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 11:01 PM Xiaohan Wang (王消寒) <xhwang at chromium.org> wrote:

> Resend with @chromium.org account. Sorry for the noise.

I think something like this could be the underlying issue that got hit
when the 22.2 check was too lax and set incorrect parameters earlier
in the parsing process? What this defines it as is: "TYPE_SCE, 0th of
this type, AAC_CHANNEL_OFF" I guess, which maybe is OK?

I do see quite a few definitions of this in various places in
libavcodec/aacdec_template.c, though, with `git grep -E
"layout_map\[MAX_ELEM_ID.*\*.*4\]\[3\]"`. I do wonder if those should
also be similarly initialized?

For the record, the sanity check needed to be fixed anyways, and that
also fixed the fuzzing issues reported upstream:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=d6f293353c94c7ce200f6e0975ae3de49787f91f

Jan