[FFmpeg-devel] Forward frame wall clock time from avdevice to HLS muxer

Jesper Ek deadbeef84 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:29:47 EEST 2020

Hi,

I have implemented a libavdevice to capture audio and video from an AJA
Kona card (similar to decklink). I'm then using the HLS muxer to encode my
stream. Now I need the HLS EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME tag to specify exactly
when the input source was recorded, so my plan is to forward the "wall
clock time" (from the avdevice implementation) to the hls muxer, and use
that instead of using system time (av_gettime()).

I cant use PTS, so what is the correct way to pass "wall clock time"
metadata for every frame to the HLS encoder?

I noticed that the decklink implementation uses
`av_packet_add_side_data(&pkt, AV_PKT_DATA_STRINGS_METADATA, ...)` to add
timecode information, is this the correct approach?

I hope this mailing list is appropriate for my question, otherwise please
forgive me.

Best regards,
Jesper Ek