[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg software and patch management

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 21:47:07 EEST 2020

Am Mi., 19. Aug. 2020 um 20:25 Uhr schrieb Carter, Tenisha [USA]
<Carter_Tenisha at bah.com>:

> Ffmpeg is currently being used on a system that I support and I need
> clarification that version 3.4 is still being maintained and patched on a
> daily basis. Can you please provide me a statement indicating that this
> software is still supported and a date of how long it will be supported?

While I am not a native speaker, I believe the most important clarification
is that you should absolutely read again the no-warranty clause of the
(L)GPL, if you don't agree with it, you cannot (legally) use FFmpeg.

That being said, I believe I can clarify that 3.4 is not patched on a "daily
basis".

Carl Eugen