[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] lavf/url: rewrite ff_make_absolute_url() using ff_url_decompose().

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Aug 13 01:13:05 EEST 2020

Alexander Strasser (12020-08-12):
> Stupid question: Why do we transform relative URLs at all?
>
> Isn't it normally supposed to work for HTTP on the server-side too?
>
> Many clients seem to do it. Just curious why...

At the very least, we need to be able to combine:

http://site.com/contents/text/index.html + ../media/file.mp4

into

http://site.com/contents/text/../media/file.mp4

and

http://site.com/contents/text/index.html + //media.site.com/file.mp4

into

http://media.site.com/file.mp4

because that is what we need to contact the relevant server and generate
the request. Eliminating double-dots components is just an easy bonus.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George