[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] avfilter/vf_xfade: check that fps between inputs are valid

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Aug 11 17:36:43 EEST 2020

Paul B Mahol (12020-08-11):
> You are only one that now know what is bug and what is not bug and
> ignore others decisions?

As I am the one who designed and wrote this part of the code, it is not
that much of a stretch to assume that I am in the best position to say
what is supposed to work and what will not work.

And from that position, I very much affirm: timestamps are
authoritative, while frame rate is only indicative and enforced nowhere
in the framework.

Therefore, your fix is not only wrong in theory, but does not actually
fix anything.

But in the end, xfade is your filter, and you are the one responsible
for its bugs. If you do not want help in fixing them, it is your
problem.

> Yes, or even better they can use motion interpolators, instead of
> always silently duplicating frames.

This is true, and applies exactly the same to every single filter using
framesync.

--
  Nicolas George