[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] mpegaudiodec_template: disable CRC checking for layers 1 and 2

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Aug 3 02:45:22 EEST 2020

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 08:52:22PM +0000, Lynne wrote:
> ffmpeg | branch: master | Lynne <dev at lynne.ee> | Sun Aug  2 22:45:00 2020 +0200| [b48397e7b84864f2d4c70361a4c4bed93e826753] | committer: Lynne
>
> mpegaudiodec_template: disable CRC checking for layers 1 and 2
>
> Layers 1 and 2 use lengths in bits which are not a multiple of 8,
> and our CRC works on a per-byte basis.
>
> > http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/ffmpeg.git/?a=commit;h=b48397e7b84864f2d4c70361a4c4bed93e826753
> ---
>
>  libavcodec/mpegaudiodec_template.c | 2 +-
>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

Please send patches before pushing changes like everyone else
it was just luck that i spoted this change

there quite possibly might be people who would want to fix this instead
of disabling it.

I for example would certainly want to take a look if i knew there was
a problem and had a testcase (when i have time)

thx

Any man who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly
accepts the penalty by staying in jail in order to arouse the conscience of
the community on the injustice of the law is at that moment expressing the
very highest respect for law. - Martin Luther King Jr