[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org down

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Apr 30 18:28:19 EEST 2020

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 06:24:58PM +0100, Tom Needham wrote:
> This is probably off-topic for this mailing list, but I wasn't sure where
> to post this.
>
> ffmpeg.org seems to be down for me at the moment and all connections are
> timing out, is there any in progress maintenance/issues currently?

There was some issue with the http server. It was in fact not down
just busy serving a large number of requests from one single user ...

When i noticed this I fixed that by IP address based banning.
And that said, this felt more like some sort of broken software not
something malicious.

And raz has today put a better solution in place, so that should
not happen again. If new issues appear, please report them,
the configuration may still need to be tuned / changed ...

Thanks

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates