[FFmpeg-devel] tests/fate/wavpack: add a lossless DSD file

David Bryant david at wavpack.com
Sat Apr 18 20:31:35 EEST 2020

On 4/18/20 9:49 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Sa., 18. Apr. 2020 um 17:36 Uhr schrieb David Bryant <david at wavpack.com>:
>> As suggested in another thread, I have created a WavPack DSD test file that exercises all three of the DSD modes (fast, high, and copy).
>>
>> If someone would be kind enough to add this to the fate suite (in the wavpack/lossless folder) then this patch can go in.
>>
>> file: wavpack.com/dsd.wv (MD5: 74b2181f3e9829d9a5b98edd037984ac)
> I uploaded it but I wonder if 1MB wouldn't be enough?

It probably would, but because DSD is so inefficient this file is still only 5 seconds long, and because I combined all three
modes, this is really replacing three files.

If space or bandwidth is a concern, I would rather pare down a few other larger WavPack files. There is one 14 MB file that
really is a waste of space (and takes a long time to decode also).

Kind regards,

David