[FFmpeg-devel] avformat/libsrt: Change latency option to milliseconds

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Apr 8 12:48:10 EEST 2020

Maxim Sharabayko (12020-04-08):
> You say the ffmpeg's SRT latency option should stay in microseconds.
> A motivation for this is to avoid confusion and mismatch between ffmpeg versions, isn't it?
> If so, then what if an additional option "latencyms" would be introduced, and "latency" option becomes deprecated?

You would be right if we wanted to switch to milliseconds. But it is a
duration, and as such it should be AV_OPT_TYPE_DURATION and in
microseconds.

> SRT users got used to having the "latency" option in milliseconds in
> every application, that is why this ffmpeg behavior is a bit
> confusing.

We are thinking of FFmpeg users first here.

> On 07.04.20, 18:43, "Nicolas George" <george at nsup.org> wrote:

Remember that top-posting is forbidden on this mailing-list. If you
don't know what it means, look it up.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George