[FFmpeg-devel] ERROR: avisynth/avisynth_c.h not found

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Mon Apr 6 03:02:46 EEST 2020

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020, Helmut K. C. Tessarek wrote:

> On 2020-04-05 18:57, Marton Balint wrote:
>> Well, do you have the headers installed?
>
> No, because they were always part of ffmpeg.

The headers got removed because the ffmpeg source tree is no place for
third party library headers. Yes, avisynth was an exception, not anymore.

> You can't just remove stuff without proper documentation.

Actually with the change it got documented that you need to install the
headers.

https://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html#AviSynth

> I have been compiing the macOS binaries for 8 years now and this is a joke.
>
> Someone breaks ffmpeg from one compile run to the next and you want to put the
> blame on me?

Sometimes you have to follow up on your compile scripts to be able to
build the newest ffmpeg. Considering that how easy avisynth upstream made
it to install the headers, I am sure this is only a small nuisance.

Regards,
Marton