[FFmpeg-devel] Is it ok to add G.722.1 decoder as external lib?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 16:09:27 EEST 2019

Am Sa., 21. Sept. 2019 um 15:03 Uhr schrieb Nicolas George <george at nsup.org>:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos (12019-09-21):
> > The FSF does make a difference between open-source software and
> > free software, I believe they are more qualified than you are.
>
> The FSF is known to make a fuss about minute details. But in this case
> you are wrong and I was right. Please read about it.

The OSI definition - that supports your point - is the definition that the
FSF - which defined the licenses we are using - refuses.

But I wonder now which specific part of the OSI definition is not met
by libg7221 in your opinion? Note that your answer will most likely
not be shared by the Freeswitch people who apparently distribute
binaries based on libg7221...
(I have neither downloaded nor used Freeswitch, afaict thay may
just offer libg7221 as additional source.)

Carl Eugen