[FFmpeg-devel] [WinRT] VDD 2019

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Oct 14 01:24:28 EEST 2019

Hello fellow devs from the FFmpeg community,

VideoLAN is happy to invite you to the usual VDD conference, with a twist:
VDD2019 is happending in Tokyo, on the other side of the world, for the first time ever.

As usual, this is a very technical conference focused on low-level open source multimedia development, codecs, frameworks and playback libraries.
We will talk about dav1d, FFv1, x264/x265, VLC, FFmpeg and other related technologies.
Developers from VLC, FFmpeg, x26*, libbluray, dav1d, Gnome, Xiph and mpv will be around.

We will try to do an FFmpeg meeting during those VDD.
There will be a video-conference, for those who cannot attend.

You can find all the information you need on https://vdd.videolan.org/

Time is limited, so register soon!

As usual, VideoLAN will pay for travel, food and hosting costs, for the active people of the open source community.
Because Japan is far, talk to us quickly!

If you are working for a company using multimedia open source software, you are, of course, welcome too. Please know that we are looking for sponsorships, for this event, though.

We are looking for speakers, sponsors, samples for the pathological competition, and volunteers.

More information on:
https://vdd.videolan.org/

Registration:
https://forms.gle/dUGSE3eG3gyh5SQ6A

You should also read
https://wiki.videolan.org/VDD19/
https://wiki.videolan.org/VDD19/Sponsor_Policy/
https://wiki.videolan.org/VDD19/Traveling_Advice/

We're available on IRC, Freenode #videolan to answer questions.

See you soon, in Tokyo.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734