[FFmpeg-devel] av_read_frame timeout

gga ggarra13 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 23:55:49 EET 2019

El 18/11/19 a las 14:12, Michael Niedermayer escribió:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 06:37:58PM -0300, gga wrote:
>> The following patch adds a timeout interrupt to av_read_frame to prevent it
>> from hanging up the application.  This patch was proposed some years ago but
>> was not applied back then.  I believe it is useful and should be considered
>> for approval.
> If this was proposed previously please provide a link to the previous patch/
> discussion
>
> Thanks
>
> [...]

I only have the link to the proposed patch, not the discussion, as I did
not write the patch.

https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2017-February/010086.html

Paul B Mahol also asked in the libav-user list about the discussion to the person who wrote the patch and who would be more qualified than me to state why it was rejected back then.  Sorry I cannot be more helpful.  I tried searching the archives with google with no success, as not even the above email shows up (and I tried several terms).

Thanks.