[FFmpeg-devel] Support for Multiview Video Coding (MVC)

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:46:45 EEST 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 18:49 qunming peng <brookpeng-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
> May I know if there is a plan to integrate MVC into ffmpeg?
> Thanks,
> Brook

Hello there,

To the best of my knowledge, specific encoders (and hwaccel backends) have
support for H.264 MVC encoding, namely VAAPI (using the i965 driver) and
the x264 encoder (which requires a separate license, need to confirm if
this is the case to date). NVENC, from Maxwell Gen 1 (GM10x series) also
exposes support for MVC profiles, and proprietary software such as
Cyberlink's Power director can take advantage of this.

Whether this is exposed in FFmpeg, through private codec options or global
libav options is what I cannot confirm at the present. Will get back to you
when I have more info.