[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] avcodec/libaomenc: fix default value for row-mt option

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:35:51 EET 2019

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 2:52 PM Gyan <ffmpeg at gyani.pro> wrote:

> On 30-03-2019 06:09 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 16:50:52 +0530, Gyan wrote:
> >> And what are the semantics of the user setting row_mt or enable-intrabc
> >> as -1?
> > The user doesn't set -1, they set 0 or 1 as bool. -1 helps to indicate
> > that nothing was set, and - in these cases - falls back to not setting
> > anything in the libary interface and choosing its own default.
>
> The commit changed both the default value as well as the allowed range.
> The option value parser evaluates AV_OPT_TYPE_BOOL same as
> AV_OPT_TYPE_INT, so user inputs aren't reduced to a binary evaluation.
> The latter means that the user can assertively set -1, as opposed to it
> just being the ctx inited value. The same wasn't done for
> enable-intrabc. I was wondering if the user may ever want to set -1
> manually, and if so, what that meant.

-1 means "auto" - in this case, let the encoder decide, if possible.
AV_OPT_TYPE_BOOL is not just a simple alias for INT, because it
accepts a variety of string options as well.

-1 = auto
0 = false,n,no,disable,disabled,off
1 = true,y,yes,enable,enabled,on

In addition to also accepting any numeric input.

- Hendrik