[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] lavf/latmenc: Error out for unsupported codecs.

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Mar 21 11:06:02 EET 2019

Carl Eugen Hoyos (12019-03-20):
> +    if (par->codec_id != AV_CODEC_ID_AAC && par->codec_id != AV_CODEC_ID_MP4ALS) {
> +        av_log(ctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Only AAC, LATM and ALS are supported\n");
> +        return AVERROR_INVALIDDATA;
> +    }

I think EINVAL is more correct in this kind of case: EINVAL for invalid
parameters from the application, INVALIDDATA for invalid data from the
files. A quick grep shows it is not the only place this is done like
that. I do not think it is urgent to fix it, just keep it in mind for
later if you agree.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George