[FFmpeg-devel] lavd: Remove libndi_newtek

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 20:46:07 EET 2019

Le dim. 10 mars 2019 à 18:55, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> a écrit :

> Martin Vignali (12019-03-10):
> > Le dim. 10 mars 2019 à 17:03, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> a écrit :
> > > It's just ruining his effort to integrate this feature inside the
> project.
>
> Please do not attribute your sentences to me.
>
> > This discussion just send bad message to contributors.
>
> If you consider "we do not want proprietary software" bad, then we will
> just have to agree to disagree.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas George

It's not about the choice to integrate or not proprietary libraries

It's about the lack of consistency on this topic, and the lack of a clear
definition (documented at the project level, to avoid precisely this kind
of situation)

You tell the contributor of this feature in July 2017 (it's your words):
"Thanks for the patch. It looks promising."

Nobody says anything about it for several months, this feature is even part
of the release notes of the 3.4 (October 2017).

And now the same functionality needs to be removed because the original
creator of ndi was not nice !

Martin