[FFmpeg-devel] The log level of "co located POCs unavailable" should not be ERROR

Yukun Guo gyk.net at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 06:35:11 EET 2019

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 at 00:41, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> If the frame is copied, its copy would be at a different point in
> time so it may need a different poc and simply copying it might
> cause issues

Sorry I didn't state it clearly. What I meant is POC = previous POC +
2, not copied [1]. This is correct, since the frame is missing you
don't have better choices. I just wonder why not set field_poc? If I
add these two lines:

    h->short_ref[0]->field_poc[0] = prev->field_poc[0] + 2;
    h->short_ref[0]->field_poc[1] = prev->field_poc[1] + 2;

I find the error message is gone (only test videos that use frame coding
throughout).

[1]:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/n4.1.1/libavcodec/h264_slice.c#L1599)