[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg android support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jun 11 22:09:49 EEST 2019

On 11.06.2019, at 20:46, Dmitry A <dmitry.adjiev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I working on android internals and made some changes in latest ffmpeg for
> making it compilable by clang and some additional changes for making it
> work under android.
> The job is not finished yet but if community has not objections I'd prefer
> to share these changes and integrate them in ffmpeg instead of making our
> own fork

It would be best to just share them.
Anything that is "quite clean" should not be an issue to accept.
If it gets very non-standard/Android-specific there might be objections, especially due to lack of automated testing (see also below), and because it seems other users do not seem to need them (?).

> Does community offiicial support android?

"Support" can mean all kinds of things.
I believe there are quite a few people using it, at least VLC for example.
But none of the "reinvented the wheel" build processes are supported.
As most objective measure, it seems not tested via fate.ffmpeg.org, which always is a bad sign.

Best regards,
Reimar Döffinger