[FFmpeg-devel] how to create sub project / git repo under FFMPEG

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jul 24 16:29:25 EEST 2019

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 13:49:30 +0000, Guo, Yejun wrote:
> > Actually, http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary is the
> > official repo (or rather its visualization). Github is the secondary
> > repo, a mirror.
>
> thanks Moritz, do you mean that the official repo is not https://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git
> that I mentioned, but http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary?
>
> I got the git repo at https://ffmpeg.org/download.html#get-sources.

Sorry, I mixed that up. I don't know where I got Github into the
equation.

In addition to what I wrote about Github vs. VideoLAN: source.ffmpeg.org
is just an alias to git.videolan.org. That doesn't seem to be the case
for git.ffmpeg.org. So I actually don't know what is "official", and
what the reference.

Moritz