[FFmpeg-devel] configure: Fix decklink license dependency

Elliott Balsley elliottbalsley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:08:39 EET 2019

> The BlackMagic Decklink drivers are not system libraries.

Thank you for clarifying about the headers vs the library, I was confused about that at first.  The GPL definition of system library is hard to understand, but I was mostly basing my opinion on this discussion of NVENC.  It relies on the proprietary Nvidia driver, which you agreed was a system library.  How is the Decklink driver different?

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-April/193549.html <http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-April/193549.html>
configure: Don't require nonfree for nvenc
pr 26 19:21:37 CEST 2016
Timo Rothenpieler <timo <at> rothenpieler.org> writes:

> As the nvEncodeApi.h header is now MIT licensed, this can be dropped.
> The loaded CUDA and NVENC libraries are part of the nvidia driver, and
> thus count as system libraries.

If the explanation is correct, the patch is ok imo.

Thank you, Carl Eugen